That has me scratching my head, I have not changed my burning practices what so ever compared to my other stoves,elm, oak and ash is the only...
Cant answer exactly what other type of firebrick they offer but I'm sold on soapstone, I'm sure regular firebrick is a better option for some...
Woodstock Ideal Steel.
Adkhunt, did you get the soapstone option, I'm loving the soapstone.
I've been real happy with a mixture of oak and ash or elm. Hell still not sure if I'm running this stove the best way but the house is nice and...
That's what i thought also, seems a little high but the magnetic temp sensors can be off a fair amount.
400 flue temp, probe or surface?
This is interesting, I've had my ideal steal just short of a year and was just thinking the other day i dont have the coaling problem as much as i...
One can only hope he is not serious but I think he has a case of brainagonnus.
At a loss for words except water dont burn.
Burning green wood is the equivalent of pizzing into the wind.
According to my condar cat probe on my ideal steel (not a year old yet) my cat runs hot a lot of the time at 500 degrees STT or so, it can easily...
To me the color of the wood in the picture looks reddish vs more white like the other elms. Maybe just the picture or my old eyes.
That looks like what we call red elm, you're gonna like that.
Exactly, been bringing wood in the house for over 40 years and never a problem.
Risking a chimney fire doesn't seem to be worth it, i hope people burning green wood are monitoring flue temps.
Its a long story that I've repeated so i hesitate to share it any more but i will condense it. Was suggested i needed a new stove by people on...