Are you able to save any of that roof rubber from the dumpster? I'm always looking to add to what I have. :whistle:
The only conifers I cut, are eastern white pine, and the occasional spruce. It smells like Christmas when I do. Are your conifers strongly scented?
I cut mostly for myself, and for friends/family in need of storm cleanup. I don't cut to sell. I use ~2 gal a year.
Good morning, members. It's showering! Not amounting to much. But, it'll be wet enough to burn some personal paperwork in the firepit. I've...
A good boat to be in. :handshake:
Ah yes... a hoarder's holy grail - speeding up the seasoning of wood. I hope it works for you. I'm not sure what the tradeoff is between air...
Not many BTUs in that stuff. It would probably coal and smolder for hours, like incense/ punk.
If you think your oak will be seasoned in 15-18 months, then you should have a moisture meter to confirm and verify just how wet/dry the wood is....
There's no real order to how my racks are emptied, aside from the dates I put on them, when stacked. Wherever the oldest rack is, that's the one...
12cord today. 13 with the 3 new racks that'll go in. Just over 3 cord burnt during an average heating season.
Good morning, members. Hot muggy day ahead. Yuk I'll be taking dad for an eye appointment this morning. While I'm out, I'll head to Home...
Neighborhood cat patrols the area frequently. Wood stacks and stone wall are magnets for chipmunks.
Treat it like an old-style door bell. Biggest difference is just DO NOT bend over to moon the door if nobody answers, like you normally...
I have dates, and wood types on all my racks. Keeping it simple, for I am but a simple man. :cool:
It is maze-like. My goal as it evolved, was to be able to snowblow my way to any rack. So, spacing between racks was considered. There's a few...
I missed the spring hoarding CSS time, with a broken wrist. There was wood needing to be replenished in the woodyard. Well, with my SIL as...
Good morning, members. A coolish start to the day. 61⁰ with 57⁰ dew point. I'll be moving a bit more wood this morning, which will top off...
You'd prefer a video of him checking out at a cash register? :cool:
Straight red oak. My fave! I have ~12 cord CSS'd. I'd guess 75% is red oak. Looks like you have the space to let it nap for 3yrs. Hoard on!
Good for you to keep asking! Hoard on!