Sorry, after reading your response, I realized I didn’t fully answer your question. All oak is always separated. If I have much wood that’s more...
I wouldn’t say we have tons of it in Burlington county but it’s not terribly hard to find. I have a little less than half a cord of it in log...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] My worker felt much more comfortable with the saw today and really did a nice job for his second day running a saw....
The little bit of the other pile is oak, not one of my main oak piles but longs. I mark logs to be cut at 16” and if there’s much more than...
How big in diameter? That would be my final deciding factor because they grow enormous!
I’m listening to the the doctor...so far. I go back next Wednesday for a follow up. That will be the 2 week mark. Now that I’m feeling better I...
It is hot work but being a teacher, summer is my main cutting/splitting season.
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] My guys were basically out of rounds to split so after making a few calls and coming up empty, I decided to teach my most...
Well that won’t rot
Dogwood makes great firewood.
If you have nothing else use some of your splits/smaller rounds and lay them perpendicular to your splits as runners. You may end up sacrificing...
Yeah I’m usually that guy that just keeps pushing but I’m listening to my body...for now at least! Even my wife has commented on how she’s happy...
We all have those days. Even though it sucks, sometimes it’s good to listen to your body.
Unfortunately I wouldn’t trust them with a saw. I may have found a former student who used to work for me ( now in his mid 20’s) who is willing...
I felt pretty darn good the morning I left the hospital (7/4), but I’ve come to realize when they cut you in the stomach, progress will be slow.
So I got home around 11:30am on the 4th and we hosted a party for the neighbors, probably had around 50 people or so which made time go quickly....
My small saw is a Stihl ms260. Probably around 10-11 pounds I would guess. As macho as I want to be I don’t want to be stupid and cause more...
Only problem with that is they will be out of wood to split early next week, they will never run a chainsaw and I’m not supposed to lift more than...
[ATTACH] damm it’s always something. This picture was taken of me just before emergency appendectomy surgery. This will slow things down for a...
55 birds total. That’s just a roll of junk paper I lay down on the old racks in the fridge