A few years ago I tried keeping track of all hours spent doing firewood stuff but it got to be more hassle than it’s worth. When you factor in...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] The two mixed piles are almost one now. We had a lot of large diameter mixed hardwood so we used the tw6 this week but I’ve now...
Trying. My phone is actingup
I think I have some elm here. I don’t see much of it and I know there are different varieties. From all I’ve heard how bad it splits, I have my...
Definitely not ideal drying conditions
I guess the trade off for not having to muscle big heavy pieces is the mess it creates. I would like to see one of them in action.
Conifers wouldn’t have leaves similar to walnut...
Density and end grains can be very telling as well.
[ATTACH] I forgot the shot of my truck loaded with two bins of junk wood for my OWB.
Very much so
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Wife is back from the Bahamas so I was able to put in a decent day today - 6.5 hours. We are working on filling in the gap...
And you have to order them lids off. Last summer we bought 3 large buckets like that and the overflow that went into the bag filled up a 4th
Full summer sun and wind exposure do a heck of a job drying out wood. Think how much evaporation occurs when it’s sunny, breezy, and 90+.
I have a few people buy 3-4 cords but I get a lot of 1 and 2 cord deliveries. Most of the deliveries are done on weekends and some Friday...
Better stock up on Johnson’s Popcorn!
It usually doesn’t feel that way to me though. Maybe it’s just trying to figure out who would cut after my surgery, trying to get caught up once I...
Webber. End of story
I fire up the OWB in mid October just to keep the chill out of the house. It’s our only source of heat since I refuse to buy oil.
Maybe a slight odor but nothing worth noting. It is bright yellow inside though so it’s like your shooting out yellow highlighter chips.
Hope you have yourself a great day as well