Took a dead elm down on on the back side of our fence today. It's right in the center of the picture. There's an ash right behind it so it's a...
Ok.... split some more of the mystery wood. I smelled the fresh split. Not too strong and was pleasant. Sorry, not sure how else to describe it....
Sweet find!
We got new neighbors and although they don't have a stove or fireplace, they like to burn wood when they go camping so I brought then a...
Don't be silly.....Cedar maybe but Pine?! :)
I'm going for the long shot....white birch. :)
I'm no expert but I'm not sure you should use the hatchet to install that gasket. :)
It split like the one I show. A little stringy but not bad. Nothing like the elm I split. More like ash.
How close are you to Fort Dodge?
We have ignition!!! I split a couple pieces of birch that I kept around as "ornamental" wood. Had them inside the house for the past year and a...
Too bad about the high temps. Highs in low to mid 50s and lows in low 40s to low 30s for the rest of the week. :)
Come on you scurvy dogs....lets set fire to some timbers! Yar! Not sure why I Jumped into pirate mode....but you get the idea anyway.
Rainy cool day today....lows in the low 40s tonight.....wood burning trigger finger itching....need I say more?
Yes, definitely not thick bark like the oak Ive split.
BIG chicken!
Looking good!
Nice job....but i didnt know moose liked to camp. :)
Yes they are all the same.
Thanks guys. I forgot the sniff test. Dont think its nasty cottonwood. Split too much of that to forget what that is :)
Started on splitting a pile of locust and found three rounds like this. Not sure what I have here. It was heavy wood so I put in with the locust...