There are people here that think it’s ok. And tell others to do it as well.
[ATTACH] This guy has been in the basement since the house was built in 85
[MEDIA]. "STRONG LANGUAGE". Not suitable for young ears!
That’s great!
One other thing I would be careful is not to over sell what you can produce. But it sounds like there is a lot of dead standing wood for you to get.
Nope, bricks are all in place. The video billb3 shows the inside of the stove pretty well.
No sir, just picked it up and got it out of the truck. Dinner, bath, book and bed time take president.
I have had many people tell me that I let my wood sit too long and it will be too dry when I burn it.
I think the term seasoned (cut in spring burn in fall) came about before epa stoves that are more sensitive to moisture.
The stove was purchased at Lowe’s, for 539$ I won’t be taking the bricks out but I plan to put a straight edge on the body and take a few pics...
[ATTACH] It’s home! I’ll make another thread moving forward.
I plan to check it over well before putting it in service
I don’t know anything about pellet stoves. The one thing that would keep me from using one for backup is the need for electricity to make it work.
Well I purchased the stove and will be picking it up later today. Thanks for the real world info Woodwhore. The old stove will be pushed into the...
I’m getting there but burning 5 cord a year and having a family I like to spend time with it’s been a struggle. I have been stocking up in...
The stove I’m replacing is BIG. Will take 26” splits and a bunch of them!
Well that is something to think about as the stove itself warping would be a real drag. Thanks for the input.
I’m used to regular feedings it’s all I have known.
BHoller got any thoughts on the stove?
I’m still interested in the indoor gasifier but I’m thinking this might be a good fit in between.