Another mixed load of cherry and hickory in the Lopi this morning. This year's cherry supply should be exhausted by tomorrow, which I'm okay with....
That's going to be one happy customer :thumbs: You inspired me to bring in a couple stove loads of BL for this weekend's cold snap. This year I...
There’s a two-lined chestnut borer that attacks oaks under the bark, but those tracks look too large to be the culprit. Was this a dead or live...
27 here at home, but only expecting it to drop a couple more degrees by morning. Spruce, cherry and hickory are the tools for the job tonight.
Out here it’s still called government work, or G-Job for short. I can tell you that nobody works harder than the guy sneaking something in on...
Cilantro is a cool weather annual, so it has to be planted every year. I have however planted it in the spring, let it go to seed, and it...
I'm almost hoping that's the case :) The power company sent out an alert this morning via text and email about the coming storm. Depending on when...
I guess today would be a good day to pick up some more rock salt. I can't imagine 55° and heavy rain Friday turning into 10° by Saturday morning...
21/72 black cherry and hickory skinnies.
Looks like it came off a large old tree. I have plenty of ~50 year old and younger sugar maple in my stacks and the bark isn’t that thick.
31 heading to the low 20s. I just brought in half a face cord of spruce from the backyard, and that’s what I’m burning now. Watching the flames...
I forgot to mention, up until recently my Arugula and Cilantro was still clinging to life, despite several days with low temperatures in the high...
My stove will take up to a 20 1/2" split running east-west, but only a 14" running north-south. Most of my firewood is cut either 16 or 18 inches,...
29 outdoors and 72 inside the house. Cherry, hickory skinnies and one split of Bradford pear in the Lopi.
Firewood In The Clouds
campinspecter has cut plenty of large trees at altitude, and has some spectacular photos documenting his adventures.
I’ve got a long cycle time with the current job on my machine, and the operator of the lathe across the aisle is out on vacation, as is my...
I don’t have a thermometer on the flue yet :emb: I don’t usually run the stove wide open for more than the first 10 minutes or so, until the fire...
Update: I’m going to have to change the geometry on the O.D. of the pellet. Although I was able to accurately hold the size to match the Daisy...
Thanks. I'm a little nervous about the aluminum galling up the barrel, but I figured it's worth a shot (or 33). The aluminum is 7075 grade which...