Very nice straight black locust with the bark coming off. Excellent score :thumbs:
My mind goes back to when I was growing up, specifically to when I read “To Build a Fire” by Jack London. It’s a very fine line between life and...
16 and slowly rising to the high 20s later. Right now I’ve got a load of white oak and hickory burning, while the coffee is brewing. There’s a...
The 9:30pm reload of white oak on Christmas Eve left me with plenty of coals at 7:30 this morning for an easy relight. It’s 16 now and rising to...
It’s as cold as it’s going to get here, at 9 degrees. I just reloaded the stove with white oak on a deep bed of black locust coals.
The firewood geek in me has to point out the obvious here. There’s black locust in that pile :) It kind of doesn’t surprise me, as seeds were...
Looks like we’re bottomed out at 6 degrees here this morning. I just got the stove roaring back to life with a mix of spruce and black locust.
Watching the weather today I was wondering how you were doing down there Ralphie Boy! Looks like you’re fresh out of degrees! :rofl: :lol: I still...
I cleaned out the stove and just got a fire established with some cherry, hickory and a couple splits of black locust. It’s 39 here and the...
55 turned into 39 by the time I got home at 3:30. The temperature dropped about 10 degrees over the past hour. Supposedly we’ll be in the teens by...
This is what I thought of after reading that :rofl: :lol: [ATTACH]
X2 Thanks Warner for sharing. Pretty interesting comeback story. I never gave them much of a thought around here, since I always came across them...
Still in the mid 50s here. Heavy rains when I got up at 4:30, and even heavier winds. On the highway, multiple cars had been blown off the road...
I vividly remember watching that for the first time in the summer of 2004. It was late at night, and I remember after the movie was over, I walked...
35 and rising overnight, until the big cooldown around this time tomorrow. Currently burning down a deep coal bed with some spruce. Tomorrow will...
I'm solidly in the hickory camp as well.
You mean to tell me these guys can cook a mean Golabki?! :rofl: :lol: [ATTACH]
I've never even heard of a sun dog, let alone seen one. Very cool, thanks for sharing.
I've got plenty of cherry out here and I'm still jealous :tears: :rofl: :lol:
"A Wonderful Christmas Time" conjures up images of Looney Toon characters whacking themselves in the head repeatedly with large mallets. The John...