39 and holding overnight. Black locust chunks/shorts mixed with a little red oak.
After a summer with long, severe drought, I suppose it was time to pay the piper.
Looks good :thumbs: You’re more motivated than I am to be processing firewood in this soupy mess. You’re right about the bark too. Some kinds of...
50 and raining for New Year’s Eve :picard: Is it too early for bed yet? Another small black locust fire this evening.
I guess it was a good thing you ended up being a couple pieces short of a proper “buZZsaw load” then. 32 miles is a longgg way to go weighted down...
Nice to see it worked out and it was great shooting the breeze with you again. TBH though, it kind of rekindled my strange fascination with the...
Today’s high of 60 dropped down to 48 but it’s not falling much more overnight. I have a small black locust fire turned down low which should keep...
36 and climbing up another 10 degrees today. Just a small black locust fire for now, which I’ll probably let burn down. My burning for the next...
I was thinking 6061 would be better myself. All I had on hand in 1/4” round stock was 7075, so that’s what I ran with. The nose of the pellet has...
It’s just a cheap Crosman single shot break barrel, nothing fancy.
Nice harvest! I’m (almost) jealous, but I’m glad we don’t have a feral hog problem here in New England.
Yes, I caught that last week. :handshake: The GMO trees have a gene inserted from a wheat plant which helps the tree break down the oxalic acid...
Yeah I broke off the cross piece and took it with me. The wood inside is a reddish color that smells of some kind of conifer. It was off the...
Look what I found hiding in plain sight :eek: Old chestnut telegraph pole. The cross pieces with the threaded ends for the insulators are pine,...
I hope you didn’t sign up here thinking this was some sort of 12 step fellowship for firewood hoarders looking to kick their habit. Quite the...
24 here and I’m burning more black locust mixed with a little spruce. It’s been below freezing since early Friday evening and I don’t mind it one...
Nice work and thanks for sharing. Looks like a perfect day in the woods :yes: Although I’m off for most of this week, I won’t be out cutting...
I’m an hour and a half into an all-night black locust burn. Hopefully I can wake up and open the air all the way up in the middle of the night....
Not as packed as some of you do it, but this will work for me for the next 12 hours. [ATTACH]
Could be the native red mulberry as opposed to the white that has become so prevalent. The forest setting is correct.