Nice looking load Brad. That'll be one happy customer (if winter ever shows up :picard:) Are you running out of barkless yet?
There’s enough of it around CT, but normally not that big. I’ve only seen a couple that could’ve produced a round as large as the OP’s. Never paid...
More red and some white oak right in the center :drool: Good stuff Joe :thumbs:
35 and still burning elm, which will be the case for a while to come. I’m burning a mix of standing dead that I processed in March of 2021 and...
Take what I say with a grain of salt though. I might make a good neighbor but I’m a terrible businessman. The whole neighbor thing throws a wrench...
Womp him for more wampum then ;)
If this is the same neighbor that needs you to snowplow for him, charge him $2000 in one fell swoop and call it good enough :thumbs:
The 5x5x7’ posts can’t be worth too much IMO. A 6x6x8’ at Home Depot is going for roughly $36. $30/pc sounds reasonable to me there. For the 13’...
Years ago on another forum, in another world, there was an ongoing joke about "how much..." and the answer was always a sarcastic "tree-fiddy". I...
Being the only bread winner in my house, I have to go to work unless I'm so bad off that I can't function. Stuff happens though and people do have...
Reminds me a lot of Tree of Heaven but the bark isn't quite right. I've seen variation in the bark before though. Does it happen to smell like...
Yeah I walked away leaving quite a bit behind. The further down the trunk I got, the softer it got towards the sapwood. There’s still a couple...
It’ll do :) It’s the best of what I’ve come across around here in a while anyway. I was out hiking today in a state forest not far from where I...
More elm this evening; 32 outside and 71 inside.
All the rounds I cut on site are quartered. The rounds on the right were precut at weird lengths that’ll produce one 16” round and a shorty. I’ll...
A little throttle therapy today. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Hickree!
Doubtful. When talking about drying firewood, the concern is internal moisture content. The outside of a fresh split will dry within a couple...
They’re slamming into my wood scrap targets nice and straight from what I can see. That was another thought, like maybe they were starting to...
Observations: the velocity is definitely there. It blows straight through T-111 siding at 10 yards. The penetrating power is good too, due to the...