Mild at 39 here, and the rain has moved on for the most part. It’s supposed to drop down to around freezing by morning. I’m burning mostly elm...
I’ve hit rocks cutting in the dark before :whistle: but didn’t break any teeth off doing it. The only time I can remember knocking teeth clear off...
[ATTACH]
Nice and pleasant here… 36 and raining :headbang: Elm and red maple keeping the house warm.
Speaking of inspiration. The new guy at work is originally from Quebec and makes his own syrup down here on a small scale. Yesterday I gave him a...
I wouldn't be surprised if you said it had been sitting for 10 years and did that. :picard: I've seen that on 4 year oak, and I've seen barkless...
Forsythia?!
Being in a warm spell since New Years is throwing me all off. Usually I'm taking my kids sledding and trying to make the most of the season. It's...
Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration :handshake: It looks like a lot of fun in a labor of love kind of way, just like gardening. I...
Pretty much bottomed out here at around 40. I have a small load of sugar and red maple on duty tonight.
Agreed. I have some relatively thin red oak heart wood splits with no bark from May 2021 and they're all easily below 20%. I'm convinced that bark...
Now you've got me thinking... I have some red oak that'll hit just over 3 years this fall. I might (and easily could) leave it another year, maybe...
No I don’t believe I’ve even seen that in person. If you could set aside just one piece I can compare it to what I’ve got.
Oh yeah, that’s the one I’m almost positive is either a Chinese or hybrid chestnut. I don’t know too much about Honeylocust drying time...
Is that your “one cord nugget bin”? Lots of nice wood in that stack. I spy… honey locust, black locust, cherry, maple, and mulberry :thumbs:
Who let my glass get so dirty?! :picard::whistle: One large crotch section of black locust and a couple elm chunks for the overnight. That should...
Thanks. That’s a lot cheaper than everywhere I looked. :handshake:
I’ll buy that theory, it’s just strange how it only showed up on that one side of that one piece.
That’s the plan. :thumbs: I have some taps and hose on order now. I’m saving milk and water jugs to collect the sap. Biggest expense now will be a...
:rofl: :lol: :thumbs: