It's expensive
Look at all that carbon! That thing is coked up!
I just would get quality rope from wherever they sell real outdoor power equiptment. Not the rope they sell in the small blister packs at like...
It shouldn't be more than a few dollars
For what a rope costs I would put a new one in there. May as well have it all new since you have to rewind it anyway.
This is kind of what I was hinting at with a used unit off ebay. But if this is common...which I haven't heard of but I also didn't use to work at...
I know a forester with one. He probably has about 60 to 75k on his by now. I haven't talked to him since he got it though. When I asked his...
Nice. I was thinking that didn't look like the 2500 then I saw the 1500 and eco deisel. I almost got the deisel Colorado for work but it got...
[ATTACH] Here is a picture of it loaded up. Since I got this one I have secured anothwr free cart. A gas one already lifted with larger tires....
It's not that hard. Seriously. Yea MM do a video and link it here. Would be a good one to have. Everyone's first time can be confuseing
NOT a deal! Haha
Stihl is not the worst. I still have a birds nest of an echo recoil that flew apart on me. I'd take a box full of stihl 1127 to rewind instead...
I "fixed" a 026 just like you described a few weeks ago that was my uncle. He is about 67 but his son who also said it was broken is 38??? I...
Pay attention his his details on the spring!
The part the rope winds on.
Yea that saw HAS no decompression valve . It never did. And assuming the member who gifted it to you or whatever did not put a 390 top end on it,...
Yea inulation is something I have almost none of. R19 in ceiling in most of house. Stove room has insulation in the walls. A night in the teens...
You must not burn that much? I burn 2 to 3 cords a year down here in upstate SC!!
From a "sharp" chain on a grinder by a hack to one of these guys who really can file and one who can square file you can probably get 10% or more...
Get a bigger saw than a 240