Looks like English walnut to me. I've done several of them, one this past summer. Not the best wood in the world but certainly not the worst...
Welcome to the family, we're glad to have you!
It all depends. Budget, desire, application, etc. Will it be your primary heat source? Or just an occasional heater? We have a freestanding...
I watch Gold Rush every Friday, and I'd love to go look for gold and smelt it down into ingots and hoard it......oops...sorry, getting off track...
Catalpa is a lot like poplar IMO. Yes it's a waterhogging wood, but once C/S/S, it seasons quickly and puts out very good heat. It doesn't last...
Great post buddy, good to see you, been a while!
This man demonstrates PERFECTLY why we use a stationary capstan wrap on our ropes when rigging bigger stuff out of the tree. I'm betting his...
Tempting!!!
Lmao.......she'll kill me.....
This makes its way around every Christmas.....and it's worth a share every Christmas.... Thanks for posting, Jim1978! Merry Christmas!
I usually go to bed late, around 12. So I rake a "valley" in the coals, add three or four 5" splits of oak/locust mix or just straight oak, get...
Welcome home, grandgourmand. I'm sure you already know how great a place this is here ...... Glad to have you!
Lucky bugger....
Hoping to give my old jalopy the years first ride this weekend. Should have just barely enough to ride it......
Welcome Grahamt! Lots of good info on the site for all woodburners. Your question is one that comes up often here, and as many have already...
If it's your primary heat source, expect anywhere from possibly 5 to 8 cords.... :)
It's hard to say. I heat from mid October to early May, my house is remodeled and insulated very well. We live in central PA, smack dab in the...
Welcome to the club! Already lots of good information here, as has been stated your wood won't be ideal. Being you're using some mills scraps,...
Amazing......stay safe everyone.....
This is a group effort, none of it would be possible without Grizzly Adam and all of our moderators and admins. Not to mention you guys posting,...