You could also get a medium-grade steel and weld vanadium onto the critical edge of the point. It'll hold up better than anything else with a...
I wish we would, but sadly we are to get mild temps and possibly rain. I'm OK with a warmup at this point, we have almost 2-3" of ice EVERYWHERE...
I'm sure one could forge points for them, steel would probably be better than iron. Are you sure they're not steel?
I had many over the years. Some very small, some bigger. One of my favorites was the present that you all got me last Christmas. One that my...
I received mine over a week and a half ago, I can't wait to open it!
My gift is finally in the mail, on its way PRIORITY to somewhere in the upper midwest....... It probably won't arrive til around Tuesday Dec...
That Karma seems to find its way back to good people. Thank you BOTH for all you guys do here on the forums!!
Thank YOU sir!
Well done! Looks great there on the hearth....
100% Norway maple. Great firewood too. Seasons in around 1.5-2 yrs, burns a lot like hard maple...
Love me some walnut and a good guard dog!
They REALLY ARE great people! I'm thankful for their support of our page, and even MORE great full to have you here with us, Dennis!!
Good on ya, Mag Craft! I'm almost 44 and my left shoulder is so bad anymore, that I'm not sure how long I could swing an axe or maul. I still do...
Looking good!
Looks like red maple to me too. Both,of them.
What an amazing project! This is something I'd love to do myself someday. I love this kind of stuff, as I'm sure you know. That cabin looks...
Not locust......pretty sure it's elm.
WHOA!!
Awe MAN......I can smell and taste that from clean over here!!
My gift will ship out tomorrow morning.