Buying timberland is a common investment for the well off. Probably more so now that prices are through the roof.
Sunrise in the smokies and sunset on the coast [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
This is an old sunrise pic from salmon fishing at Vancouver Island [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I read an article about lantern fly sniffing dogs, but I think the ship sailed a few hundred years ago on controlling invasive plants and insects....
Fix it up for sure! It looks heavy duty. Do you know the hp? It’s not everyday someone gives you a tractor with a loader attached.
Nice, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a big bark less log outside of Stihl timber sports competitions.
The sole survivor
White Pine trivia The White Pine is the tallest tree in Eastern North America. The tallest living White Pine in the US is the Boogerman Pine in...
Parris Island Live Oak Spanish moss [ATTACH]
What keeps them in place, or snug, so it doesn’t push in again?
I think it dries faster than other oak species, probably because it’s a fast grower for an oak. Every big city and college campus in NC has Willow...
I like big butt cuts and I cannot lie :saw: You other brothers can’t deny
I’m wondering why someone notched out the ribs/root flares on the stump cut? Maybe they were for a choker, so a crane could pick it. Interesting...
Swamp White Oak [ATTACH]
That’s next level ocd. Wow My stacks feel inadequate
I don’t see it often, but looks like thornless honey locust. It’s disease prone in my area. A Wendy’s a few miles from me is surrounded with dead...
Looks like it could be a big cherry. Chop it down!
Snagged another Red today. Had to drop the top into a deep ravine, so I couldn’t salvage most of the limbs. [ATTACH]
It was a buzz kill for sure. I didn’t accomplish half of what I planned to do. I had new chains for both saws, but felt compelled to sharpen...
The 371 I was using had a fairly new xcut. Maybe 2 sharpenings from new. It got dinged so bad I seriously thought about tossing it instead of...