Very true! See the video in the neat felling video thread for the almost exact technique I used on it. It wasn't a leaner though. Just a big wolf...
Yup. Since its just firewood I don't put the face and back cuts right on the ground anymore. Easier on the back that way.
Exactly. I remember as a young kid one of my grandfather's dairy cows had a large branch fall on its back during a wind storm. I'll never forget...
Yeah that was the big thing. Their beef herd liked to congregate under it. Nothing sounds quite like a cow with a broken back. Win- win no...
The ugly part was the drop with a giant widow maker hanging off the side of the tree. The rest was beautiful!:drunk:
It's absolutely a minor issue! Gonna love burning it when the time comes.
It's certainly earning it's keep! I got a monster 36" dbh dead standing white oak to start on after this hickory.
Well I know how much you all like pics so I snapped a few of the nasty shagbark I helped a farmer friend of mine with today.[ATTACH] For...
Amen to that! If I had a half dozen like him I'd put every outfit in my region out of business quick!
Production versus perfection. :handshake: You hit the nail on the head right there! The fingers because of a thick hinge really isn't wort nit...
I've heard good things about the council tools pickaroon as well: Council Tool, American Manufacturer of High Quality Hand Tools - Product...
That total bar looks downright sexy on that saw!
Pass the :popcorn:
Maybe I missed something, but I'm not sure why you think he should use a Humboldt on any of those trees in the vid the OP posted?
That's really slick!
Wait a bit and if santa gives me a present instead of coal, I'd be happy to let you know what I thought of it. Although I am a bit shorter than...
Aweful news! Grew up in west Michigan. That lake effect snow is no joke!
I realize English isn't your 1st language so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I made good money for years felling in my 20s. I dont...
In wood that size I'm pretty similar. There's a lot to learn in that video. An old time feller taught me much the same when I first started out....
What a great deal. GLWS!