Is his video he was using .22 nail gun blanks to fire lead pellets. I thought it would be fun to use BBs to shoot real ammo.
I’m subscribed to that guy too. He may or may not have inspired me to shoot rimfire from a short barrel mounted to the end of a Red Ryder, using...
15 and steadily rising until tomorrow afternoon when we’re supposed to hit the mid 40s. What a strange winter indeed. Coal bed is getting deep....
I heard a lot about keeping the smoke away from the sap. I was able to round up two more cinder blocks for the chimney so with the extra height,...
My humble first attempt at this :emb: No sense in getting it all perfectly level at this point. Earliest I’ll be boiling sap is next weekend, and...
Nice little grab Thom :thumbs: I was out cutting some dead sugar maple in the woods next to me this morning. You know it’s cold when your eyes are...
I really enjoy these cold snaps, and enjoy the quiet that comes from everyone else hunkering down in their homes. I don’t do much to prepare for...
Black locust, sugar maple and spruce is what the stove is having for breakfast. [ATTACH]
7/71 wind is whipping with a snow squall blowing through. Stove is packed with black locust at the moment, with more of that and some hickory on...
It's worth mentioning that the last time I saw Brad back in December, he brought me up 2 large grocery bags full of black locust splitter trash...
Definitely....maybe. In December I went through a small run of GMC killed white oak that I cut about a year ago. I never bothered checking the...
Neat and tidy as always :thumbs: I like the tarp under the splitter too. Much better than letting all the splitter trash fall onto the ground,...
There’s not much modern country music that does it for me, but this one…. did. I’ll have to file this one away for Mother’s Day. [MEDIA]
We’ve crested the hill and we’re starting to barrel our way down the ski slope. Bring it on. :D Currently burning a mix of spruce and elm. [ATTACH]
I read somewhere that triclopyr is effective. I'll be battling this stuff for years to come I'm sure. A lot of the invasives end up encroaching...
That's what I did last year. Cut them at ground level, then pulled down what I could. As the vines still attached dry out, they become brittle and...
It's that time of year again. Governor Lamont Activates Connecticut’s Severe Cold Weather Protocol Effective Thursday Afternoon I'm glad I'm rich...
I've been known to climb after hickory scraps like that on occasion :whistle: I'm trying to learn something here. Is this tree covered in...
17° at the suburban homestead, with 18 month dead/2 year stacked American elm in the Lopi.
On the money side of things I think it's definitely worth it. The only pitfall I can see coming is that IME burning all cherry tends to leave you...