Wow… that’s going way back ;)
I've never seen a crabapple grow tall like that, competing with forest trees to reach the canopy. Although I'm not 100% sold on elm, I agree the...
27 hickory/black locust
I’ve only got 4 taps in, and since Sunday have collected over 6 gallons. I’m going to have to pick up a couple 5 gallon food grade buckets...
Not yet, but have found quite a few.
I’m still seeing Chinese chestnut
Temperature is holding steady at 34 through the overnight. Just a small fire going at the moment. One split of elm, one sugar maple, and one thin...
23° at home with a mixed load of elm, black locust and hickory.
It would be fairly easy for them to gain a shred of credibility back. Hold a weekend marathon news session of every lie they’ve told and never...
There’s a few personalities that go against the grain, who are widely lambasted for doing so. I look to see whoever the establishment likes to...
If you ever want to hear someone from “the other side” speak truth to power, check out Kim Iversen. She’s doing the big work that journalists used...
Lies, half-truths, and omissions with just enough facts to keep the most faithful believing all of it. Which is why I pretty much swore off all of...
I agree this thing could’ve/should’ve been dealt with more swiftly. During the Cold War both our and our adversaries aircraft violated each...
The grain reminds me of sassafras. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Guess I never noticed :emb: Most of the birds that frequent my yard are either starlings, blue jays, robins or the occasional crow or hawk.
I saw a bright red cardinal earlier, eating rose hips from the bushes next door. This is definitely the earliest I’ve seen them make an...
Don’t laugh too hard boys :emb: I need to find more containers to collect the sap before I put more taps in. The red maples are flowing steady...
They're after DNA too. U.S. Warns of Efforts by China to Collect Genetic Data (Published 2021)
The way the weathered end of that split got darker as it dried almost says mulberry, but the bark and freshly split face says otherwise. The wood...
Agreed. Any intelligence they wanted to collect, they've already been doing for years via infiltration, subversion, cyber warfare and satellite...