Thanks for your input on that. I think I'm going to salvage whatever I can for woodworking, and make kindling with the scraps.
Man that $uck$. Cleanup couldn’t have been much fun after that :hair: I noticed there’s a very fine line between 217 degrees and 219, and it...
I finished the syrup in the house then put it in the jars. It went well and was a good learning experience. I found out that most of the heat went...
The upper 40s earlier today has since dropped to the high 30s. It’s supposed to go down to 31 by dawn. I’m burning a mix of mostly elm, with one...
Haha. I wonder if I make a few blocks on the bandsaw if I could make a small fortune on Etsy ;) I’ll probably save a couple chunks for...
Here’s a first for me, black walnut. Cut to lengths and left curbside for the taking. Not a wood I’m crazy about burning, but I’m happy to scratch...
I think the best part is that the season’s not over yet :) [ATTACH]
We’re off! [ATTACH]
It’s held in place by a set screw. I put 4 small drill points in the shaft for the set screw to seat in, at 2 inch intervals. So ultimately my...
He knows better and won’t be burning it anytime soon. This was more about getting him stocked up for future seasons. I say he was in dire need,...
We took everything down to about 10”. Limbs were getting too punky for my liking, though they did seem pretty dry. I’ll wait for another sizable...
34 here mixing it up big time with some Bradford pear, black locust, sugar maple and hickory.
It was definitely cold here, so I imagine it was absolutely frigid up in Vermont :shiver: What species were those rounds determined to be?...
The oak split just as oak should, nice and clean :thumbs: A little stringier than red oak but it’ll make gooder firewood. Looking at the small...
The weeping cherry ended up being incredibly stubborn to hand split. I got an equally small amount of it last year which I burned this past fall,...
A couple weeks ago a standing dead white oak had fallen close to the road near my work. A coworker of mine was in dire need of more firewood so we...
[MEDIA]
I ended up moving my poor man’s evaporator setup close to the house. I still have to do the final tweaking of the blocks to get the pans sitting...
I wonder if it’s a pear tree? The neighbor at the top of my road had a notably tall pear tree, until he topped it last year at about the 20’ mark....
I've got to be up around 1.75 cords so far. It's hard to tell for sure since I wasn't getting all the firewood from my neat, organized, and easy...