50 and dropping close to freezing by the morning. Apple and Norway maple on the menu tonight.
Not much sparking so it should be fine in a fireplace. One thing I noticed is it can leave a lot of charred chunks behind, so mixing some other...
This is the easiest splitting wood I’ve ever had, hands down. I saved a couple of the “larger” logs for milling. Hopefully I can come across some...
If anyone would like to start a PM discussing the ridiculousness of the idea that you're a R__ian stooge if you don't support what's going on in...
Warm here a 42° with more Norway/red maple and a little hickory to keep things going until later when it's supposed to hit the mid 50s.
Hard maple/rock maple is another name for sugar maple (Acer Saccharum)
Discolored heart wood is indicative of red (soft) maple.
That’s my situation. Worse yet, I have carpet in my stove room :picard: That’ll be pulled out and laminate flooring put down, hopefully sooner...
Maybe “on the cusp” was a bit generous :confused: I’ll still get a few solid heartwood splits out of these rounds, but next time I won’t bother...
If that was on the east coast I’d call it pin oak. I’m not sure what grows there, but it could be a planted pin oak.
A little more dead/down white oak today. There were larger logs there that I’d like to retrieve another time. IMO these are right on the cusp of...
It was 28° at 4:00 when I got up; 35° now. Burning a mix of elm, hickory, and Norway/red maple today.
No experience here of using supplements, but in my own observations I've noticed that regular exercise paired with a good diet helps exponentially...
Close to where I cut last weekend. Right on Aircraft Road tomorrow. Last year the state cut back the tree line from the road and pushed a lot of...
White oak :drool: Outstanding work Brad. I see plenty of splitting in your future. I’m hoping to cut a little more GMC killed white oak tomorrow...
No, but I could do some quick volume measurements based on the diameter and height. Off the top of my head there should be about 2 cords in each...
Much better, but I’ll have to find some more white oak to finish off this pile now. :) [ATTACH]
Despite the light burning year I am slowly chewing through firewood and spaces are opening up. The empty spot on the pallets is where I want to...
I didn’t watch the local “news” last night but my wife caught it. Apparently the official explanation for the strong chlorine smell and...
34 heading to the low 20s. Burning through more black locust and hickory at the moment.