Before I started cutting today, in my mind’s eye I pictured myself quartering the large rounds on the hill, giving them a nudge and watching them...
Thread bump. Close enough to the same spot to call this a continuation scrounge. Species trio today. Mostly chestnut oak with some regular white...
When/if I ever get to be that age, I'm going to keep a very low profile and not jack up any credit cards. ;) 3 years ago I watched my grandfather...
Last night’s black locust and sugar maple are now this morning’s coals. It’s 17 at the house and I’m reloaded for the morning with some Bradford...
Mine looks quite a bit different but then again, the tree I cut down was borderline ancient. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
An experiment of sorts. A friend of mine tried this last week and was happy with the results so I figured I’d try. The sap has been slow for the...
Plum?
31 and burning a full load of red and sugar maple.
Nice work as always :thumbs: Your forests there intrigue me. We have similar chestnut oak/mountain laurel habitat here in CT but only in a few...
33 with a wintery mix coming down. Sugar, red and Norway maple keeping the house at 72.
Not much at all. I got 6 large rounds that somebody ditched behind the Dollar General a couple years ago: Elderly Manitobish Boxy Maply Ash...
Are you going to need to borrow a couple hundred feet of rope, a few pulleys and a spotter for that boxelder? :rofl: :lol: They definitely don’t...
35 with snow/sleet coming down. White oak and Norway maple in the Lopi.
Yeah there's that too, which is what that big infrastructure bill was supposed to address at some point. I haven't seen much on that front yet...
Ya mean more and more mishaps with infrastructure and commerce? I don't believe it :whistle:
Looks like it'll be a bust for CT, but the Midwest is going to get hammered. Usually it's the other way around with all the Nor'Easters we get....
Yes I believe they do, although I haven’t gotten anything from that particular collection yet. I really like how they have so many obscure seeds...
This will be my first time trying Black Krim for real. A few years back I bought some seeds off Amazon, but they turned out to be some weird...
It’s not seed starting time yet, but it’s not far off either. I just got these in the mail this afternoon. A couple new colorful varieties to try...
Look at that target rich environment :thumbs: Logs look very solid all the way through. Of course wherever there’s locust there’s a tangled mess...