About 4 hours outside keeping the fire stoked pretty well, then at least a half hour on the kitchen stove inside to finish it.
It’s the guys that did it for X amount of time then walked away completely that puzzle me the most. I mean I get that it’s time, work, and more...
My 6 taps have produced exactly 12 gallons in the last couple days! Saturday I have time to do another boil, but the weather is predicted to be...
The nice upper 40s earlier has since dropped to 44 and continues to fall towards the high 20s, or so they predict. Yellow birch, apple and sugar...
Looks like young hickory to me, and welcome :handshake:
I agree, it sounds like something only females get too :whistle:
What do you think about Juglans cinerea?
Redbud?
The bark is very distinct. I'm thinking young butternut/white walnut. Buds look correct. Bucking a piece and splitting along the center to check...
TOH has very thick blunt branch ends where they terminate. I do agree there’s certain features that are reminiscent of TOH. One big clue that it’s...
Welcome to the forum. What region are you (and the tree in question) located? Looks like somewhere south of the mid-Atlantic, if I’m seeing this...
It may go out like a lion too… I don’t know about Ohio but I’ve seen snow showers at the tail end of April here :picard:
Before you hit the post reply button, hit the Upload a File button. It'll prompt you to select your picture images, so just choose wherever you...
White oak, sugar maple and elm this morning. 24 degrees outside, 72 inside.
FORD Firewood Obviously Reached Destination? :D:whistle::picard:
I hope you bought a lotto ticket on your way home ;)
34 here projected to drop another 10 degrees. Snowstorm has moved out for the most part minus a little bit of drizzle. Burning a couple loads of...
Right on time… Every year when Greg posts pictures of his woodshed 1/3 full, I know either it’s been a harsh winter or that we’re in the home...
26/72 elm, sugar maple and white oak chunks.
There were certain high points in SNL where the stars aligned but that magic just can’t be recreated. John Belushi comes to mind. Chris Farley is...