I found a 14" bandsaw on CL last week. Just to close to the holidays to justify the purchase.
Nice videos, welcome to FHC.
I use the Auto Arc from Tractor Supply. It works well for the price. The tension knobs are a little finicky is my only complaint. Just beginner...
This is from a firewood ad on CL that I saw this morning: T'was the night before christmas and all through the house I was searching for an...
Enjoy the day everyone. This is one of my favorite days to enjoy being with the family and eating good food. There is a fire in the stove, the...
I am thankful for my family, friends, good health and especially the fine men and women than stand watch over our country during these times. And...
More curious with the stove running if the room is heating quicker and heating the rest of the place better.
Can you take some temperature readings of the room before and after the new windows? Gooder will not cut it. Wicked warm won't either. :D...
How about installing the new windows and see how tight it gets? It may be short gains redoing the walls...
I've gutted a few rooms. I had rough pine horizontal with gaps for sheathing. I caulked the gaps and any other spaces. R 13 plastic vapor...
Aw jeez, more hams here than in a deli... :rolleyes::rofl: :lol:
NH Mountain man, yes, Whittiers birthplace. I haven't been in years, but now I have a greater appreciation for colonial history and early homes.
I made a nice beef stew on the stove top today. But I have been there as far as the scorching. I made this chicken stew out in the mud oven last...
I'll put a few more pictures up. A small pantry with items that would have been used in the house. [ATTACH] One of the writing desks. The...
Yes, feel free Scott. Our area is rich in colonial era history. There are quite a few first period homes in our county and we have at least one...
It is almost no surprise. The work you did should make a difference. My neighbor had a similar situation in his 1890's victorian. The first...
No easy task for sure. It must have been difficult cooking in the summer heat.
We toured a local historical home today that was built in 1688. It was frontier land in New England at the time, and there was not much else was...
Eggnog. With bourbon. Eggnog : Alton Brown : Food Network
I'll tell ya, they are not too terrible in the mud oven. I make more of a steak bomb sandwich with pepperoni bits, mushrooms, A-1 steak sauce or...