Got a little ash this morning to knock the edge off [ATTACH]
Nice looking load of primo wood! It’s getting closer to firewood vacations time for me. Got a long weekend with cooler temps to start the cutting fun.
I hope your leg returns to normal. I had arthroscopic knee surgery in February. I still have partial numbness in my lower leg and the vmo muscle...
Not sure if this is the last blast from Ida or the big cool down into the 80’s [ATTACH]
Kind of similar to Paulownia leaf. Paulownia is pretty invasive here. Not as bad as toh, but still stands out along the highway when in bloom.
Gettin idas tail [ATTACH]
Driving back from Charlotte today on 85 I saw a steady flow of Asplundh bucket trucks headed South.
I have a situation where I can get all the wood I want and more. I keep bringing wood home and I’m compelled to process it and I do and I get more...
Best of luck with the zoom presentation. I prefer smashing my fingers in a car door to speaking, but still have to do it sometimes. I was also...
My daughter says it’s hard to do, but it can be done. She says there is a recording option in the corner.
The bar at least needs to be filed/deburred. Looks like it’s been getting hot. Does the bar oiler work? No oil would cause a no cut situation too.
I’ve wondered how often the chain would need to be sharpened on those machines cutting that much wood. Seems like it would be awkward trying to...
I looked at the USFS chart and most splits are in the correct range for August. 10 is an outlier for any month in my area. The chart is showing a...
That’s funny right derr
There could be some older splits, but the older looking splits were on the high end of the range. Yes, checked on the inside. Have not used the mm...
With a mm and it’s showing moisture ranging from 10-14%. It’s all Oak, so I’m wondering if it’s possible for it to get it any lower? I looked at...
Love the pics of cutting rack, log pile and equipment. :yes:
If a new chain doesn’t cut it has to be the bar. Hopefully a backwards chain would have been eliminated as the problem. Never seen a spur sprocket...
I mowed, cleaned up limbs down from storms, drained water off some stacks, laid out a row of pallets and said f it, no firewood will be made...
Same for me. 1/2 a starter block will light full size splits. I would use kindling if I had it to get things roaring faster. I still have a big...