Getting ahead is def the best thing to do, but in your current situation a MM can be a good guide to let you know what is ready to burn now. If...
What I have noticed on dead standing is the top is usually ready to burn but often the lower part of the trunk still holds a lot of water.
I was in the same boat when I started that he is now. Just bought a house and wanted to heat it with just wood. I scrounged every dead tree I...
I have one and it has come in really handy, I don't use it as much anymore but I'm in a different situation now. If you are in the situation you...
Locust is my favorite, a little sow to start but with a hot bed of coals it takes right off. Locust burns hot and for a long time. That is my go...
Welcome aboard! You will find that people here enjoy the wood burning process as much as you do. One note I have learned is that oak is fantastic...
I grew up in construction then got my real estate license 6 years ago. I did that to learn the real estate end of things so that i could do the...
personally I think it's brilliant, not sure how long the zip tie would last though. [ATTACH]
That happens quite often. I had a few do that last year but i was expecting it, cut off at the base and it stands right back up. The one I cut was...
I have a good bit of firewood up and would last a few years if I didnt cut at all. That has made me a little more laid back on cutting. I usually...
It never ends, people think that firewood is worth so much that a company will do thousands of dollars of work for free
Here's a picture of a split, should be really good looking lumber based on this. I'm looking for a good company to mill the lumber for me now. I...
I am wanting to sell or trade my corn furnace. It's an amaizablaze 7100. This is a beast, I only run it when it really cold and the wood stove...
Same guy, he is doing much better now!
Update, getting closer to being cleaned up. Got four good logs out the coffee tree, and two from the walnut. [ATTACH][ATTACH]
Very impressive block of firewood. You've got quite a bit there
Gotta love people that have no clue
Nice shed, it's so much nicer to have it in a shed. Easier to get to and don't have to fight frozen tarps. And you can usually stack higher
What I didn't like about the walnut was the amount of ash really increased when I burned it. Had to clean out the stove a lot more
I hunted turkey in SC for a few years, last year was 08. There was always lots of turkeys to hung and most of the guys I knew didn't use all...