Edit to 49...I just remembered I had delivered 4 cords to 2 different customers but didn't mark it down yet because their orders aren't complete...
It's still too damm hot to be moving wood like this. Most days are in the 80's. Tomorrow will be 93.
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Have 49 cords out in the last 3 weekends. Measured what has gone out so far and I’m at about 155 feet. Had 500 feet of stacks....
Jrider would die trying. Lol. Thanks for the love though!
Gotta love all the odd ball lengths.
Got 14 cords out today. Was moving along well until the last 2 cord load. It was upper 80’s and I was dragging. Took me around 45 minutes. I...
Got 5 cords out today even though half of the day was spent at my son’s football game. Was warm but very dry. Trying to move 12-13 cords tomorrow.
This is like asking if you can work in boots that haven’t been tied. Sure it can be done but you’d look pretty silly doing it and nobody would...
I would also say red aka swamp maple.
I have Saturday and all day Sunday to deliver wood this weekend. Aiming for at least 15 cords again but not looking forward to the weather....
The nose knows. I’m certainly not afraid of using my sense of smell to identify wood. Give me black cherry and I’m in heaven!
I have noodled some of it before...not because it was too big for the splitter though, just wouldn't split down the center without doing so.
Such big nuts!
Tupelo. Aka black gum. Try splitting a piece and if it turns out like bubblegum, there ya have it
Good job. Now build some more sheds!
45 this morning at my house. 32.5 in the cranberry bogs 5 miles away. Going to be close to 90 Saturday and Sunday.
Where's the smaller, easier stuff to work with? It all get chipped? That's a good deal of big logs to deal with.
As already mentioned, more info on the amount of sunshine on the uncovered stack. Summer sun is your friend when it comes to drying firewood.
I count quite often to be honest. I will load on a counted cord and then another counted cord, drive to one house and hand unload by count the...
I hit the gym this morning for a light workout - a little ab work and some cardio on the elliptical ...still feeling the fatigue in my legs. It...