Welcome to the club, dan gambrills! I'm just north of Altoona, blacksmith lives in Altoona. Drives in the countryside and mountain roads can...
I've seen it done in similar instances, first time I've actually attempted it.
I was going to try and set up a DRT and climb with a VT hitch setup on the neighboring tree, but I didn't have all that gear with me. I refuse to...
He does pretty good, now if he could just keep them out of his wife's purse......:rofl: :lol:
You asked for it.....lol. Flames reached around 20ft at one point!! [ATTACH]
That is a fact. One thing is for sure, you gotta stay humble doing tree removals. You always have room to learn and improve.
Thanks guys, blacksmith and I will send some pics of the New Years Eve bash from the sawmill later. Wait til you see the bonfire!!! We'll be...
Believe it or not, it remained pretty stable after the splint was installed. Up to a certain height, then it started to get a little hairy so we...
blacksmith and I removed a hairy red maple widomaker today to end 2016. It was a good tree to do, had a level of technicality to it, and took...
I did a huge ash removal several years ago, toasted THREE 28" Stihl RSC chisel chains in the main trunk. It was full of RR spikes, at one point...
His son sees me and realizes there's work coming, and he runs the other way.....lol
blacksmith' s boys are good kids, he and his wife are raising them right. Nothing wrong with teaching them some good, hard manual labor..... And...
I'm with basod.......anything over 5" gets split at least once, ESPECIALLY oak. The only exception is, as he stated, if the trees were barkless,...
Here's a few with apple cider I like this time of year..... There's an Amish cider mill over the mountain from us and he makes cider clear into...
Maybe you meant "the", double typed? Or are you referring to my car in the third person? Or maybe you talked with my wife because the car is...
Well me and wifey may just have to try and make that Adirondack road-trip this summer, and I'LL DO THE FIREPIT COOKING.....if Mrs. Zap makes some...
Save one or two for me please!! :coffee:
Been there many times myself.....this post made me chuckle. I'm not laugh AT ya.....I'm laughing WITH ya ....:rofl: :lol:
Exactly!
It's literally right out the street in storage, I needed the bay it resides in all summer for other activities......namely my 1949 Willys wagon...