FBM find. Looked smaller in the pics. Wish I had a 25" bar with me, but the 20" on the 400 got it done. Pretty sure its the largest I've...
With New England you never know. I can remember working on a job one April and it was in the 90's. Few days later we had snow flurries. :picard:...
That splitter is fun to watch and I'm sure use as well. Do you climb over the mound of splits to stack?
Looks nice a nice piece of property there. Yes trying to figure out the logistics of firewooding can be stressful at times. Looks like you...
American elm [ATTACH] [ATTACH] and pin oak[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I need to work on my elm ID skills. I'm pretty sure this is American elm.
Sunny and breezy here. What is the average date of your first burn Mike?
Cut some Pin oak and elm today. My favorite saw![ATTACH]
How old were you when you it? Kinda wish I had the Homelite top handle I started out with.
Dead sugar maple[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I was gonna try halving one round with the Isocore but why bother I said. There's three big elm rounds there yet to buck. For chits & giggles...
Split the load off the truck this morning. Topped off a stack of black birch. The rest to almost finish another stack of mixed hardwood....
Never have heard the term and thought you meant it literally.:emb: Hay is one thing my truck has yet to haul.
I had cut fresh elm before maybe 20 years ago. It was frozen and popped in half easily in the cold as I was hand splitting at the time. The last...
Do they burn the hay in firepits? Never have heard of that.
I still can't believe it myself. I was cutting it up and saying WTH am I doing taking this. The oak a was another thing. One two cord...
Im not taking the two stated for removal. Coincidence and not part of the score.
I knew you wouldn't be happy Jason.;) I took a chance and it paid off. Did you see the splits pic? I was totally floored. Didn't think the...
Got a text the other day from someone I've scored wood from a few times since 2022. Originally from FBM. They took more trees down. Looked like...
Very tragic. Wonder if he was inexperienced being a landscaper vs. being a tree guy/arborist? I always try to cut on the uphill side. If I'm...