Moving some wood today and came across a few katsura splits. These were CSS a year ago and seemed lighter than I expected. Comparable to red...
My guess is a combination of the two and the presence of UV. That EPDM roof I tore off last month had patching/flashing made of asphalt. A big...
Jeff does yours have any sapsucker damage? They seem to love fruit woods and my last score of BP had lots of it. [IMG]
I generally categorize it as a one year wood to dry once CSS. YMMV Since you have a market for smoking wood it may sell as such. What little I...
Tree of Heaven has low btu's that has a pale yellowish heartwood, but not like the three mentioned.
Splits really weird. Very brittle. Try to split on center for equal sized. Id uses your smaller splitter. Blue Samson may make a mess of it....
Mebbe T.Jeff Veal is branching out??? :D Showed a lot of self restraint not to hijack it, huh?
X2
Processed the rest of the ash and stacked. Mixed in some red maple from my other score to finish off a half cord. May get sold towards the end...
Nice when the bark just falls off BL. Takes up too much volume IMO. Just the schmutz under there can be messy. My ideal BL scrounge is...
You gonna be able to handle those Jeff? Not all nice and straight like the wood you normally get? :whistle:Gotta take the good with the bad...
Nice to see you posting again and glad you are well. Yeah with temps like that with full sun I'd be second guessing about hearing the wood...
Split the rest of the oak and stacked. Just under a half cord stacked. (Honey locust in back) [ATTACH] plus the heartwood splits which get...
Pretty much although the pin oak I split today was a little tougher. Dang little pin knots.
Jim???
Thats funny. I actually typed 371 and realized an 046 is 76cc's so switched it to 376. Does a 371 have a cult following like a 346?
Yesterday from my oak score. 6x6 PT timbers. 3'+ These will make good sleepers for a new half cord log rack build I have planned.[ATTACH] and...
Never a dull moment...well until you hit the metal. :D Sorry couldn't resist on that one! :rofl: :lol:
Nice haul. Gotta love a white Ford haulin' wood. :thumbs: Do you have a goal in mind or will you cut until the snow flies?
...but its a Stihl? If it was a XS376 you might have a change of heart???