Awesome! I thought they probably had measurements wrong. Nice score anyway! Tear it up!
I'm lucky most of my trees are road trees with easy access by truck. I hear you about hustling when the sap is flowing! Last year I was collecting...
I was thinking the same thing after reading Canadian border VT had already helped his friend tap trees. I put a tap in my best tree to see if...
Well Seasoned do you use your quads for collection? Horkn what's your buddy collecting sap in? I have been using old 5 gallon food service...
I agree. Sugar Bush Supply Co. has demo days in the fall and I tasted some of their ro syrup. It is different!
I've heard those ro systems are pretty nice! That's a little bigger than my hillbilly set up though.
Glad to hear your getting back into it. It's another excuse to get out into the woods. Sounds fun doing it with a buddy
Love the set up! I spent about 2 weeks solid 12 hour days boiling sap. I was pretty sick of it at the end.
Shawn, when I put my arch together again this year I'm going to be sure not to forget the firebrick. Some of the cinder blocks didn't like the...
Wow thats pretty early around here. We did have a warm spell and I worried the trees might be running early because of it. I produced well in...
Well its about that time of the year again. Probably less than a month until tree tappin' time in my area. Although who knows with this crazy...
Looks alot like red maple. Also looks like the heart wood might be starting to rot. Round here that's what it looks like when the tree is infested...
clemsonfor it's almost like we are using the same brain sometimes!:D
Yup pretty much. And what doesn't add up to me is I don't think an excavator takes just the trees as payment for clearing the land. Unless this is...
Exactly! I don't think there is a logger around that would take that deal! Something just isn't adding up with these trees. I'm wondering if they...
I've used my Maasdam for a very long time and never run into a situation felling where I would ever need more pulling power. Ive proof tested mine...
X2 on the Massdam. I don't go anywhere without mine.
Really this is the best way to go about it. And it's a method I've used on lots of folks when they ask for free firewood from me. I've had some...
Pete I'm real sorry to hear about your health. Never met you (hopefully at the spring gtg) but seen enough on here to know your a good person. I'm...
A little play side to side is generally alright but any play of the rod up and down on the crank and the bering is shot.