Part two. I made this device holder from cherry burl and forged some rod to shape. It is finished in 4 coats of shellac.It can be positioned...
Was the turkey ground up or just cut into smaller pieces? That sounds like a good option. This mornings leftovers for breakfast with some eggs...
Nice jobs by the Mrs. I'm a fan of pea soup, and this looks hearty.
I'm bookmarking this one. I keep thinking cream cheese frosting between the layers. It looks great.
Cooked perfect. Yum.
Part one of two. Bread peel made from a 5/4 cherry plank. It has some defects, but it is utilitarian and will be put to use. It is going to our...
40 degrees here today, the stove is rolling along nicely and I wanted to make a Tourtiere out in the mud oven. The wind was blustery from the...
I split the round in half with some difficulty. I tried to quarter it and I could not. I peeled the bark and saw the grain running perpindicular.
General public + chainsaws + public land = liability. Sadly, it would never fly here. Agreed that it could be put to better use.
Ah, great thread and timely for me. I have an oak round from my brother that was a bear to split with the fiskars. It turns out it is the same...
Low pressure and borderline temps like this evening will cause a little smoke rollout. I reload before the coal bed gets too low, and open the...
I think the inner wood will rot in short time. Birch bark is more water resistant, but will pull away from the innards. Maybe just replace them...
I want tacos now.
No, he's good. Mexico is in Maine.
Thanks Dave, if none show up locally, I may take you up on the offer. You got my gears spinning now.
:yes: I'll be looking forward to see how good these work out for ya. Pizza too? Mmmm. I almost threw a popcorn smiley up earlier today, but I...
I need to get some small ones for the mud oven. I can put some side dishes like sweet potatoes or squash in with a chicken pie.
We will be looking forward to some project threads some day.
Flauntin' donut pics on a Tuesday night just isn't fair... :yes:
So how does red maple compare to say hard maple for woodworking? I've never used red before. Nice future stock you have, and I always enjoy...