I'll make him a batch of homemade firestarters. I just ran the planer the other day, so I have some nice dry shavings to work with.
Nice work Butcher. I can appreciate the work put into that. :yes: I really need to get a pressure canner. I'd like to make big batches of stews...
He definitely knows the importance of dry wood. The difference in moving a wheelbarrow full of my splits was much lighter than what he brought...
These hammers are a little harder than a regular claw hammer. They are made for striking punches and chisels. The round side is used for setting...
Thanks guys. I know a lot of you would, and have done the same. I'm proud to be among you like-minded folks. I grabbed a few splits from other...
I hope he joins. I'm a good enabler telling him he needs a saw.
Awesome. Nice restoration.
I think so. He has all ready taken notice of wood that he can burn. He has a great interest in starting out right.
His research on stoves landed him elsewhere, but I put him here, to be on the right path for all things important.:whistle: Oh, I mentioned stove...
:yes: He is going to be squared away real well. He's asked a lot of questions and is getting things done. We'll have some good conversations...
I spent some time trading about a half cord of my seasoned wood with my neighbor who is having a stove installed in a few weeks. I want to get...
My other neighbor is lined up to get a new Hearthstone installed in the next few weeks. We've been chatting and talking about running the stove,...
We went to a local re-store today and managed to pick some goods from the shelves. The two monkey wrenches make my set of four now. It was just...
Up here they build a pressure treated box, stick the mailbox in it. They build a post and arm about 6 feet up off the ground an hang two chains...
Amazing forces in play there. We had a local bridge that had the roadway flooded over in a flood I believe in 1936. The bridge was 15' over...
That's a great source you have. As far as costs, it could vary by customer. If they were straight with no limb protrusion, they might bring a...
We hit I added one extra fixture to light up over my lathe. I only had a small clamp light there, so it is a welcome addition.
Sadly, one is ok, the second is still critical as of a few hours ago.
[ATTACH] I did two for a test run, and I like them a lot. They need a receptacle wired up or they can be linked together off one receptacle....
This year looks to be a bust around here. We have not had consistent cold weather. Only the small ponds have a skim layer at best. It is also...