Glad you folks are safe. So are you going scrounging for any? Looks like the way I score wood.
Looking at that I would call it sugar maple. Bark is very similar.
Ive heard of it, but cant say I've seen one or mis IDed it. Maybe Eric Wanderweg has?
I think it was you and/or Joe that told me about that. I forget. I know they love wet soil like the red maples do.
100 splits will make roughly 15 bundles so not really. I've only had CO twice and it splits very easily and has a heavenly vanilla whiskey aroma....
Little FHC swag black market going on there??? ;)
Other CT FHCers have told me of wild ones they've seen in the state. Red maple is the dominant tree here. 1 in 4 trees in CT are red maples.
And busting stones based on this thread! :whistle: My first post on FHC was "petrified wood". Pics of me in a local museum looking at the rocks....
Honey oak...I like it.
Great job guys. :thumbs: Yeah there hasn't been many drier days for firewooding. Take it easy on Stumpy there Dave. Tell him I say hello!
I saw oakish grain too, but the color is what threw me. Never have seen oak that color. Now I'm not sure what it is.
If that's fresh cut, I'd say mulberry as well. It will slowly weather from that color to a reddish brown. Kinda cool actually. Any more pics John?
I may drag my feet, but never a log or tree down the road. :D What some folks will do for wood!!! Are you sure its not a member here? If not,...
Planted in yards as its a fast grower. Very popular yard tree around here. Common to see large sized ones similar to your multi trunk score....
Those are some sweet logs. Straighter is gooder in my book. Id grab that in a heartbeat myself. Wishing I could score silver Maple more often....
Got a call today from a long time regular. She wants her first half cord soon. First volume sale of the season! Woohoo! Also had an inquiry...
Well he came through. 100+ PCs of chestnut oak delivered today. Ha had asked for oak or birch. This was CSS January of last year and intended...
Life is good. :thumbs: You guys are the best...the crazy wood hoarders you are, but the best! :salute:
X2
Gimme his number...I'll start hounding him too! :rofl: :lol: