If you paint the ends they *might* not crack.
Looks like you’ve got a very respectable stack going in the background. What else is in it besides hackberry?
I had a few minutes unsupervised this afternoon and ended up back at this pile with my eleven year old. I had my heart set on the ash there but it...
If you're posting fresh snow in June and talking about getting ready to burn again in July-August, I think it's fair to say Alaskan summers are...
Kalmia Latifolia (mountain laurel) peak bloom here. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Yes. Definitely white oak species, I’m saying burr oak for now based on what’s in your area. It’s not regular white, that I’m certain of.
Almost looks like burr oak…. How about a clear closeup shot of the end grain? I believe that’s what Eric VW would ask for if he were here ;)
Less than 10 minutes from my house, a tree company was clearing about a 2 acre lot. It’s been happening slowly over the last 6 months or so. They...
I clicked on this expecting to see something about WWII-vintage Pratt & Whitney radial engines commonly called "Wasps" due to the sound they made...
That chambered pith seals the deal with the Juglandaceae family. If not butternut, it could be a Buartnut (hybrid between butternut and Japanese...
Very smoky here from the Canadian wildfires. You can smell it in the air and visibility is reduced. I hope we get a good passing shower to purge...
They're definitely site-specific trees. You won't find them in wet bottomlands or in heavy clay soil. They like sandy/rocky soil on dry, warm...
You're getting good at this :yes:
When looking at range maps, I think they're more of a general guideline than an absolute boundary. You never know where an isolated population of...
VERY fragrant, my favorite floral smell actually. It sounds strange but they taste good too. Just like a sweet pea (I was eating the clusters by...
After seeing Chud 's pictures, I'm not convinced. The plot thickens. Rather, we might be seeing aliens :) : Quercus aliena - Wikipedia
Welcome :handshake: I ran a little Home Depot bought Echo CS-370 for my first 9 years :emb: I think you’re doing just fine with that Rancher and...
There’s a reason they call it “programming” :whistle: I pay for it every month but haven’t watched it in years. My wife likes watching corny...
Chestnut/swamp chestnut/swamp white oak leaves look almost indistinguishable from each other. The undersides of swamp white are very light in...
I came across this 48” plow on Craigslist today for $55 and just had to get it. Took a 45 minute drive with my kid tonight to pick it up. It’s...