Nice work on the sweet/spicy Sassafras Brad. I commend you for being outside working in this oppressive humidity today. You almost need gills to...
A lot of that information can be gathered without a person’s knowledge (or consent) anyway. Years of online purchases, Google searches, YouTube...
When the time comes I hope there are enough people that still value being left alone, that are willing to push back against the nonsense. It’s the...
I won’t get too riled up over it until they make registration mandatory, require me to report exactly what and how much I plant, crop yields,...
I can appreciate the owner’s good intentions anyway. Dead trees are a valuable part of the system. In the woods behind me are a couple tall snags...
A little locust is better than none. Beautiful clean firewood there. Save it for an abnormally chilly day. :thumbs: Snag for wildlife?!?! Maybe...
I did a quick mock-up leaving the hardware loose, just to see if I needed the hand of God to lift up the plow with the lever. Nope, plenty of...
[ATTACH]
Thanks Brad. I may not be much of a builder with dimensional lumber, but when it comes to building with metal I do alright ;)
From the centerline of the front wheels to the blade is about 3’. I really wasn’t sure how far out it should be, so I did some Google searches of...
Big step forward today. I still need spacer bushings in between the plow mount plates, and to add a linkage between the deck lever and the plow to...
Someone has a sense of humor. When you get to Google Maps, turn on the satellite view. Google Maps
Gotta stop asking so many questions and just keep moving the goalpost Dave. 4 years ago we were told by another prominent person that we had 12...
Here’s an internet picture of an older tractor with the factory plow setup: [ATTACH] Here are the beginnings of what I’m coming up with to mount...
My first thought is do you want to be a farmer for a living, or simply have a piece of the farmer experience, enjoying growing things, raising...
I was checking on some flowering American chestnuts today and came across more bear oak. Shrub sized oaks make shrub sized acorns. I assume...
I came across a humongous pile of pallets leaned up against a dumpster the other day. Buried in there was this one plastic one. I’ve never seen...
I think most folks have a live and let live attitude about people in that community. Nobody really cares what other people do in the privacy of...
Alaska I like Northern New England in general but New Hampshire is my favorite. Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts, in the fall. Florida...
I actually did suggest meeting him in Northampton Massachusetts if he threw me extra money for gas, but I guess that didn’t appeal to him. Just as...