I uncovered this red (slippery) elm 2 summers ago from underneath a huge tangle of grape/bittersweet vines. It has since straightened out and...
One of five black locust trees I started from seed around late May 2022. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I need to build one before these chunks turn punky. They’re a mix of BL, white oak, black birch, elm and sugar maple. Just need to acquire more...
In late March I acquired 5 small sassafras saplings and planted them along the edge of my woods. Apparently they don’t transplant well. Only 2 put...
You guys are discussing grading splits with all sorts of innuendo thrown in, and I’m over here thinking I need to build a pallet pen for whatever...
Most likely beech leaf disease. I started looking out for it a couple years ago, and spotted it for the first time last year. Unfortunately it...
Looky what I found this morning in the bushes along the side of the road. Seems I have a knack for finding discarded items. The right thing to do...
Outstanding work Brad :thumbs: They're never big enough either. Tis the nature of our affliction though ;)
FN+Print Scr Start Menu, Paint Control + V File, Save As C drive, Folder "remember when we thought" 6_30_2023.jpeg Now we wait.
You know what gets me triggered? Knowing there is no other place left to go once we get to where we're heading.
$4.03 last night where I filled up.
Just an amateur here myself. In 2020 I built a small railroad tie retaining wall as preparation for the 16' pool I put up that year. From what I...
Look at all those black locust sprouts! I never even knew there was a large man-made forest there. I'm sure in time it'll bounce back. The next...
I've seen black locust with 1/16" wide growth rings, and I've seen it with 3/8" growth rings. My point being it's hard to tell without cutting it...
Black caps are coming on strong. In the last 3 years this patch has doubled in size, especially since taking down a large yellow birch above them...
Yeah this is Connecticut, and I kid you not last month we narrowly avoided a 22LR ban.
I can’t imagine why any living creature would find that fuming can irresistible. :picard: Maybe if you attached a breathable pouch full of cloves...
[ATTACH]
I read somewhere that the reason a lot of cherry trees grow crooked has to do with what was harvested over the centuries. The tall straight ones...
The sand was the base for my 16’ pool I put up in 2020. I used the trailer to haul it to the backyard, but ended up renting a skid steer when it...