Nice work Joe. I like the concept a lot. I wouldn't want to drag a small trailer with an ATV through multiple layers of crusty snow and have it...
None from me either…. :whistle::rofl: :lol:
Man those chunks are going to make some nice fat all-nighters :drool:
Nice color :yes: I haven't seen any moths here yet, but I noticed earlier this week that ants were on the trees and trying to get into my sap...
Red/Norway maple, one split of yellow birch, and one of white oak. 33° at the house.
The first boil I did at about 10 gallons was manageable using this setup. I think even 15 gallons at a time isn’t so bad, but 21 is definitely a...
Dude… I’m STILL boiling :picard: Over 8 hours later… I ended up with 21 gallons of sap so I should get just over a half gallon of finished syrup....
Likewise :handshake: For a crude first year thing with bare minimal investment, it works for me.
Only about 3 inches, then it turned to light rain and became something akin to shoveling wet concrete :hair:
After a morning of snow removal we’re off again. I’ve accumulated 17 gallons and there’s still buckets to empty at the trees themselves. I...
The heartwood stack will probably be saved for another year. Surprisingly it’s ready to burn now though. Last week I gave some of that to my...
Those 2 bags of BL splitter trash you gave me made awesome kindling :handshake: The elm I’ve been burning this year came from a coworker’s house...
Hey I’m on your side man. I hate elm so much, that I try to rid the world of it by burning as much as I can ;)
I’ve been out of kindling for weeks but so far haven’t found a need to make more. This year being the first for me burning a glut of elm, all I...
32 with light snow coming down. Apple, maple and elm in the living room stove, bacon and eggs on the kitchen stove. Time for more coffee.
28/72 elm and sugar maple on top of a couple white oak shorts. [ATTACH]