Normally I wouldn't care either, but for the time being I'm just trying to scratch the white oak itch. Although white oak is widely dispersed...
I hope everything that went into bloom early down there does okay. Looks like March isn't ready to completely let go of winter just yet.
I agree it doesn't look like your typical white oak bark. One thing I noticed about white oak around here is the bark varies quite a bit. Not just...
Found a new white oak prospect this morning on my morning commute. I may have to start working it on my lunch break :whistle: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Like this, right? ;) [ATTACH]
Maybe this weekend. I have to find more chestnut or white oak in the area first. There’s a couple dead red oaks I spotted right along Aircraft...
Sehr interessant… I can definitely see it being useful for the smaller stuff anyway. If a 12” limb is coming down though, it’s probably still...
Mild here again at 39. More white oak and apple this evening.
Machinists too. Relieving oneself with oil/grease and metal slivers on your hands is like playing a game of Russian roulette :bug:
I think it might be high time I start splitting and stacking, and take a break from all the fun I’ve been having cutting. * Just one more load (or...
One more load of dead oak today. This time it’s all chestnut oak :thumbs: [ATTACH]
Do you have any pictures of the top from that tree so we can see the branching structure/buds?
33 and windy as all get out. 3 year white oak and apple on duty tonight.
I'd love to make a joke referencing a mast or something, but I think it's best I keep quiet :cool:
Good deal! I like the crane on your trailer too. No sense in struggling when you’ve got brute mechanical force at your disposal :thumbs:
That would be one heck of a voyage from northwest Arkansas to Lake Champlain via the Arkansas River, Mississippi, Gulf of Mexico, skirting past...
Oh it’s dark all right. Last weekend’s boil was about the same too, although I noticed after a couple days the niter settled in the bottom of the...
6 taps in at the moment, 3 reds and 3 sugars. I’m pulling the taps out of the reds tomorrow since they’re starting to bud.
Hands down the best batch so far. Out of this world, especially when it’s still warm off the stove. :drool:
I’m not sure how much this is, but it’s not a bad haul. The third jar is a little empty because I decided to top off another (already opened)...