[ATTACH]
There is a small American chestnut sprout near the road a couple driveways down from your storage area. :) I spotted it when I got that load of...
I do believe that’s another Chinese chestnut Brad. You can see some of last year’s burs still hanging in the canopy. Edit: could be Japanese...
Excellent score. To the untrained eye I can see how someone could confuse catalpa with fresh cut mulberry. Both are “weed” trees.
43 and drizzling. Spruce, apple and a little white oak up tonight.
I like it a lot myself. Great shoulder season wood that dries fast and burns hot like pine, but without the sappy mess to deal with. I’ll take...
4 more red oak rounds today. Not bad for the 15 minute window I had to get them. Might get more on Sunday if it’s not all frozen to the ground....
Around 12” give or take. They dried out nicely too, for just under 2 years sitting in the center section of a shaded stack.
Averaged about 3-4"
I had a small pile of elm cookies from April 2021 that I burned a few weeks ago. I kid you not, they split themselves :eek: When I dug them out of...
Methinks I should continue the dead oak hoarding at least for the short term. One can't really have too much oak firewood. I might cut a little...
Looks like elm to me Mike. Have you burned any yet? I know you're a hand splitter, so if for some reason after drying in the round you can't bust...
That's great you had a nice visit with Brad. I can attest to his generosity and natural willingness to help someone out any way he can, simply...
I guess I'm saving all of it? :confused: I have loose plans for each stack/species with regards to when I want to burn it and what I might want to...
I’m still impressed that oak dried as fast as it did, and through the monsoon summer of 2021 no less. It’s time I bring in more firewood myself....
No shortage of locust down here ;) [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Humbled red oak it is. :headbang: I cut 5 rounds and walked away. Still debating what I want to do with the rest. There's a couple more red oak...
I'm sure my wife will be forever grateful if you intervene ;) I can't explain the obsession other than the novelty of it. Although I've been...
I think the chestnut oak I got yesterday was a hybrid between chestnut and white. The bark on parts of the trunk looked exactly like chestnut oak,...
I'll let you know this afternoon. I agree the bark looks more like red oak family, maybe even black oak (which there are a few smaller ones close...