I found for me 6 taps was about perfect. 10-15 gallon batches once a week was manageable. The heaviest production week a couple weeks ago when I...
buZZsaw BRAD I collected sap in empty 2 liter bottles and milk jugs. The most convenient receptacles though were the empty 2.5 gallon water jugs...
34 with the snow winding down. White pine and apple tonight.
Mostly slush in my area, although the snow is starting to stick after falling for 14 hours straight. Wind is picking up. In the hills above me and...
Nice work. Hoarding in the snow… now that’s dedication ;)
I should go back there and cut it at ground level anyway; that’s invasive tree-choking oriental bittersweet. I had some in my backyard that was 4”...
33 and snowing heavily. Apple and Norway maple on the menu this morning.
:rofl: :lol: Graduation is somewhere around mid-June up here, in general. Coastal New Hampshire isn’t known for being too warm even at the height...
I'll have about 3 cords to split/stack, and a roof to complete on last year's unfinished wood shed project :whistle: Some tree work/firewood...
I'm in.
35 and calm before the storm. Ruff morning here with dogwood and apple.
Nice get, I’d be all over that hickory too. Well worth the effort. The oak looks like black oak to me. Bark is rougher than red even at a young age.
Anyone remember this? Hard to believe it was 30 years ago now. I remember playing in the melting snowbanks weeks later wearing shorts and a...
I had the maul in the truck with me but was being stubborn. If I was going to pack that truck heavy, I probably would have halved or quartered...
Tough boat to be in with winter not over yet. If I were in that situation I'd be tempted to find clean hardwood pallets to cut up and burn, even...
Nice! Looks like a fun score to work. Look at all that purple wisteria blooming too. We don't see that around here until mid-late May :)
I was out for a drive with my older son, just to get out of the house for a bit when I stumbled on this score. Luckily had the saw in the truck...
The ash was definitely fresh. I’ll bet the tree was still alive when they cut it, although it was definitely dying. Many epicormic sprouts around...
37 and burning mostly apple with one split of white oak to top it off.
State cutting, left to fertilize the forest floor. Half a load of black cherry and half of white ash. Some of the most solid ash I’ve gotten in a...