15 more Goldilocks rounds, red oak this time. Plenty of trunk left for an easy score :thumbs: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Better get it fast, it’s priced to sell :) 12 inch logs of hard maple 12 inch logs of hard maple - free stuff
Steadily making headway in the wall of dead oak rounds. [ATTACH]
A quick 13 rounds of black oak. There’s another log there but it’s hollowed out from ants, so in the woods it’ll stay. There are more dead oaks in...
I thought that too. I’ve seen red maple bark a lot like that, but this tree has alternate branching which rules out maple. It does remind me of...
Hickory
33/70 apple and ash shorts.
The sapwood ring on this black oak is very thin so I won’t bother trying to remove it. Some of the moth killed white oak on the other hand has...
I was surprised myself. I saw the tree when it was standing and thought for sure it would be junk all the way up to the limbs. I guess only the...
Probably in a couple weeks. He’s out on paternity leave so I won’t dare pester him. I told him I’d take the rounds in the picture he sent me. He’s...
I’d still take it (just not a dump truck load worth) :)
A coworker texted me tonight asking if I wanted any of this bigtooth aspen he took down in his backyard a couple weeks ago. Considering it’s...
More apple and Norway maple this morning. 24° at the moment, heading all the way to 50° by late afternoon.
That’s a great idea for preserving hot peppers. My wife bought me a dehydrator for Christmas. About how long does it take to dry them down? Do you...
I’ve been thinking about the Hexa chain myself but can’t help but wonder what I could get out of the ~dozen chains I already have if I square...
That’s great you still have some left to enjoy from last year. :yes: Do you buy your seedlings from a local store/nursery? Every year I toy with...
My setup isn’t too complicated or expensive. I do everything right on a wire rack shelving system and attach grow lights to the underside of each...
Believe it or not, I’m exercising restraint this year in the amount of hot peppers I’m growing. I still have a couple 1 gallon bags of hot peppers...
The 2023 seed starting season is underway for the peppers. I’ll start the tomatoes in another 2-3 weeks or so. I started 6 cells each of the...
Probably hydro so I can strategically remove the outer punk layer better. Yes definitely more black oak soon :) I like it so far. It’s just like...