Thanks Mike. I’m in the habit now of whenever I’m using the machine to split, get as many squares as I can from a round. They work great for...
Bigtooth Aspen that happens to be old :) A coworker just dropped these rounds off right to my splitter. Apparently they were from the center...
Speaking of 90s side projects, I almost like Down more than Pantera :whistle: [MEDIA]
The song Wake Up still gives me goosebumps. That’s like Layne’s autobiography chronicling his struggles with the big H. Haunting even 20 years...
Just got done snaking the drain for my kitchen sink. I was just reminded that the reason plumbers aren’t cheap is because they’re worth every penny.
Ooof. That would take the wind right out of my sails :hair: Can’t say I’ve been that unfortunate (yet) but being a fellow scrounger, it’s only a...
More random bottle finds today while scouting for wood. I came across an old homesite on a hill at the edge of the woods. Nothing left but the...
I’m with you 100% there. Most of my fires are mixed loads. I’ll burn oak exclusively from time to time, but I have enough of a variety on hand to...
I managed to knock out another stack this afternoon. This is mostly red and black oak, with a few white and chestnut oak splits mixed in. [ATTACH]...
Ah so that’s a native cultivar. Most of the ones I see in the wild up here have solid white bracts.
Burning season isn’t done here just yet. Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning and it barely hit 40 today. 36 now, forecasted to drop to the...
Purdy. What kind of dogwood is that?
Best use for willow? "Kerplunking in a pond" - Eric VW ;) Just out of curiosity, was the tree infested for multiple years and in a weakened state?...
Yessir I think for the first time ever, my oak inventory level has surpassed the 50% threshold. It’ll never be 100% oak, but even if it was I...
Same here, I thoroughly enjoy doing some “forest forensics” in whatever woods I happen to be walking in. Tom Wessels from the New England Forests...
Believe me I’d love to keep hitting it hard, but I’ve seriously got to finish the wood shed I started last year :emb: I hate having a pergola...
Stacking has commenced. The mixed pile of white and chestnut oak is finished. This pile includes the chestnut oak from November, at the beginning...
I agree it can’t be any type of hickory. Hickory doesn’t dry that fast and when it is dry it isn’t lightweight. Bark looks like basswood to me....
It’s been reported sporadically in different areas. That’s another great reason to kill these host trees. I’m always on the lookout for either the...
After two years of these nasty tree of heavens being girdled, they’re starting to snap and fall down :) There’s a nice hole in the canopy and a...