Welcome and yes, a lot of species are easier to split green. In my own experience, hickory and apple come to mind.
I've looked at those leaves, and looked and looked some more. :loco: :crazy: I'm reasonably confident that's European AKA Sweet Chestnut, Castanea...
Was this chestnut bur at the storage area I’ve been to? It’s Chinese or Japanese chestnut for sure, but probably Chinese since they’re more widely...
Yeah positive. It’s ring-porous like BL but the weight’s not there. That and it’s got an unmistakable smell, plus the workability. It’s soft as...
I spotted some rubble in the woods from the road yesterday and pulled over to investigate. Laying in the leaf litter was this old red piece of...
If those sell at that price I’ll gas up my truck right now, load it with aspen just like that and head west to meet up with some rich hipsters :wacky:
Thanks for clarifying. There's a book with a very similar title by a different author. That dried bulk herb place sounds like a treasure trove of...
Thanks, I think I'm going to order that book for myself :handshake:
From digging around a little further, the berries are definitely edible, in moderation. It's a bad idea to willy nilly cram handfuls of them down...
BTDT... The old "I'm gonna nibble on this tomato, then the one next to it, plus those 15 over there, just in case they taste any differently....
In that case it's a noble cause, keeping your folks warm. I'll bet it dries relatively fast out here in the East. buZZsaw BRAD cut some a few...
I don't mean to rain on any parades, but this is what one member had to say about it as farwood: F$@$in’ Horse chestnut!!!
Ugh, horsechestnut. From the European branch of the Buckeye family and not a true chestnut. Good luck.
https://www.wtnh.com/weather/todays-connecticut-forecast/weather-forecast/ We had flooding twice this week already :picard:The swales in my...
I saw a YouTube video a while back where a gentleman had boiled the leaves several times, draining off the water and replacing it each time. In...
Who here has used it? The medical industrial complex has their mind made up that simply looking at a ripe berry will trigger a mass extinction...
Ouch! :hair::headbang:
Cream was my first introduction to playing the guitar with a wah wah pedal. Kind of takes me back to when I was growing up (even though the music...
I hear ya Brad. Something to be said for wood that dries in months rather than years. Quick return on investment for you. But those big trunks are...
I'd pass on that too, especially this time of year. Too much work for too little BTUs. In years past I might've gone rabid over that, but not...