Oaks are promiscuous LOL. I came across 2 of these tonight. It’s a hybrid between white and chestnut oak. The bark looks more or less like white...
The 3 cords of firewood got CSS'd. The roof is almost done on the woodshed (just need to finish installing the drip edge and lastly to put the...
Wintertime metalcuttr will be thanking summertime metalcuttr big time when it comes time to light some fires :thumbs:
You’re on a roll Brad. I have a feeling we’ll all be up to our eyeballs in beech within the next few years, due to this new leaf disease. Lots of...
I’ve seen that on ash where the bark fell off while standing dead, like elm.
Nothing wrong with crocks if that’s your thing. At no point have I ever looked down upon a fellow lounging around his house or working in his...
Lol I’m not a crock-wearer, patriotic or otherwise. Those were some late night pictures my coworker sent me as he was finishing up. Yeah I do...
A coworker of mine owed me a favor so I gave him the actuating rod to weld a couple gussets in at the two bend locations. Before, the weight of...
American chestnut trees themselves have been considered functionally extinct for 80+ years so not too many people have seen the lumber from them....
I think you'd want some type of sled if you were going to get serious about it. That way it won't roll on you, and the sled will keep the kerf...
About 4’ sections, but only 5-6” diameter. I’m sure I could do longer pieces provided they’re relatively straight to begin with. I wouldn't...
Brad, my coworker bought a Grizzly vertical bandsaw last year to start playing around with milling 12" and smaller diameter logs. He said it...
A little late for April fool's day Brad ;) Wow! I guess your dry spell is officially over! :dex:
At first I was confused since my understanding was that it's a shrub. Apparently there is the autumn olive shrub I'm familiar with in my area,...
I'm not quite done with summer yet, but I'll put it this way: If someone were to offer me a day trip in the FHC corporate helicopter, to be...
I suppose it's finally not so taboo anymore? Either that or it's just another psyop. Whistleblower tells Congress the US is concealing...
The truly were the Redwoods of the east.
I was thinking arborvitae too. Not enough knots for eastern red cedar and the heartwood color is wrong. End grain is fuzzy too just like the...
Hint on the last picture. Where were these guys heading? [ATTACH]
Welcome and good to have you here. I would definitely agree you're on the right track with ensuring you have dry wood, as standard operating...