I’m wondering if Jeff gets to nap at work? Lol I couldn’t/wouldn’t do all that after an 8hr shift and he does it after 12. Ffs I can drink coffee...
[fire emoji] [ATTACH]
That’s what I shoot for, but it will run when we are away for the Holidays, or if it drops into the teens overnight.
55 this morning, but still tossed a few splits of chestnut oak in the basement stove to keep the house a southern comfort temp.
Does the track hoe have a thumb? Maybe the operator could load your trailer. I bet the superintendent would love to get it out of the way. Good...
Moving more oak into the basement in preparation for the Thanksgiving blizzard of 2021. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] jk this is NC and it’s going 60 with a...
Nice work! I have one small piece of cutting advice. You don’t have to lean on the saw. In other words there’s no need to put pressure on the saw...
First looks like chestnut oak bark to me. If it’s not heavy maybe cottonwood? I’ve only seen cotton wood on here, so not familiar with bark....
Cheap leather gloves. A serious day of split handling and they may have holes.
30 this morning. Loaded up with oak, so the wife and daughter wake up to a warm house.
I’d say it depends on location. I’ve cut a few long dead standing Ash that cut like hardened dead oak and cut some that felt like they were days...
Here is another beauty. Some Willow Oaks get massive root flares. [ATTACH]
I remember hearing a story about my grandpa bricking his new 68 JD4020 with ether.
Japanese Maples are on fire right now [ATTACH]
This is a biggun. I’m not cutting it down but I measured it with the D tape and snapped a pic. No telling what kind of metal or rock is inside...
Hard to beat a Ginko for fall color [ATTACH]
I wonder why they left that one lonely tree on the hill?
How is it compared to basswood, pine and poplar?
Probably get 10 months of decent firewood making weather.
Swamp White Oak - Qurcus bicolor Swamp Chestnut Oak- Quercus michauxii The leaves between the two are distinctly different. The tree in your pic...