The dolmar will gain a solid second after the rings seat good. The 562 is a great saw just like the 362. I agree not worth paying 300 for a second...
Well said. They're just chainsaws. Making cookies is about the only place anyone would notice a "speed" difference between these three saws. Red,...
I wouldn't say that at all. There's that whole apples to apples thing again. For a brand new saw to be only a second off a broke in saw tells me...
The 290, 310, and 390 were all 1127 series saws. I'm not sure that a 311 engine would be a direct drop in for a 290.
I'll just drop this here:[MEDIA] The dolmar is a new saw the 562 is broken in. Both strong saws, just depends on what you like I guess.
Saw debates are great. But at the end of the day there are so many variables we would never get a truly apples to apples comparison. Sure the same...
IIRC the oilers on the 017/018 & 170/180 were notoriously stingy.
Nice score! I'm sure you will like that one for many years.
If you want to muff mod it a walboro 215 is fully adjustable and fits with minimum effort. I love my cordless Sawzall for roots/stump removal....
Yes that is a nice slug and jug! Once you get it started you will have a good runner for a great price! It's not just the post office. FedEx...
Those are good little saws. Nice score!
That's in terrific shape cosmetically! I have seen them much worse! Now what does the piston and cylinder look like? That's the question. Nice score!
The Cross Sight works pretty good too. Kinda hard to beat the price. Has a nice chart for calculating lift for wedging a tree over too.
Man I hear that! Nice score wolverine! I'm like you. I won't pay someone to clean up their mess. Especially when there is so much free wood...
No known issues with them. They are a well liked quality saw. I had the opportunity to put some time on one and liked it a lot.
The Stihl dealers near me often run a buy one loop get a 1/2 off loop in the spring and fall. Might be worth keeping your eye out for.
Theoretically it could have some work done. But being a clamshell and not a split case saw there isn't a lot that can be done with it. On top of...
Short answer, probably not. What Jon said is spot on. Narrow kerf might allow higher chain speed in the cut, but the saw still needs to provide...
No 7 tooth 3/8 drum that i know of. I agree Stihl makes some of the best chain out there. Switching to the ps3 on a small saw will surprise you!...
An intake boot is uaually fairly cheap. Might be worth getting another intake boot and trying the mod to see if it addresses the issue. If it...