The bark on the rounds circled looks like quaking aspen to me. Out your way they call it popple. The darker heartwood starting to get soft is also...
I just checked and last year it was May 9th when I had my last fire. IIRC up to that point we were still getting nights in the low 40s. Then the...
Maybe with Moderating 's help jo191145 can add a poll to the top of this thread. That should be the easiest way to get an accurate head count....
38/70 ash, red oak and some apple skinnies
Siberian elm.
40/71 ash and red oak.
What else do you spy? I see an assortment of Easy Outs on the left, and in the upper right corner that flimsy T handle tool looks like a chip...
The one-sided open end wrenches look like machine specific wrenches to me, possibly to fit the nut on the tool post of a lathe, or the tail stock.
The age old argument of what is the correct orientation to run a hydraulic splitter :)
Is that a date of 1900 below it???
Oh boy…. Shots fired!
I really like the two Echo homeowner’s saws I have. Dead reliable. I’m assuming you’re looking at some of their pro saws?
I have too much junk for the firepit as it is, and the woods next door already have 3 heaping piles of branches, cut saplings, and leaves. Short...
I’m wrapping up this thread with a parting shot of the truckload of bark I’m going to make disappear tomorrow. The bugs and creepy crawlies in the...
There was a noodlefest today. Not because my splitter couldn’t handle it, but because I was having so much fun running my muffler-modded Echo...
Right on the cusp of not needing a fire here at 49. It’s supposed to be in the mid 60s later. Looks like Monday through next Sunday I’ll be having...
From one autism dad to another, you and Hunter are in my thoughts Scotty. :handshake: Great to hear he’s handling his current predicament well....
PM sent.
Yessir…. The next generation of EAB food.
Yep that was the 029 super duper. I kind of knew the cap was on its last legs since the plastic felt like it was getting brittle. I'm just...