Picture 2 looks like Mimosa aka Silk Tree. Somewhat similar to tree of heaven but the wood is darker. I had some 3 years ago; it burned hot and...
Locust mania :loco: :crazy: It ebbs and flows but inevitably rears its ugly head whenever an easy score of it pops up. The city took down a couple...
$40/hour is the new $20/hour now. The bigger companies can shift gears and adjust easier to pay their employees that kind of cake, but smaller...
It’s a nuanced and complex thing. As tempted as I am to wholesale label everyone in the latest generation as lazy, I’ve seen some of them hustle...
Yep. Bark inclusions and locust borers are like cancer to the heartwood.
Without an official explanation of the pictogram, my assumption is there will be one bowling ball dropped from the sky onto every group of 3...
I probably eat fast food about 6 times per year, if that. IMO Burger King is better than McDonald's, but Wendy's is better than Burger King. There...
We don't have that issue here that I'm aware of, but I can understand that. I know that they put up X amount of panels based on past power...
They are... kind of. Rebates and such. They're all for you producing your own electricity, so long as you don't produce too much of it and are...
Here's another good site that also has a mobile app to go along with it: A Community for Naturalists · iNaturalist
Absolutely, next year. I already have some corrugated plastic roof panels. Just have to keep my eye out for a couple good cedar poles, some...
Off to a great start Brad. That's going to be one sweet storage area. IME no matter how big you make it, you'll still be one bay short...
[ATTACH]
I’m calling it now. For me the 2022-2023 season is done. We’ll still have a couple mornings creeping towards the low 40s but I’m not anticipating...
I know I'm overloaded in my Chevy Colorado by the way it drives, more than how high the wood is piled in the bed. Yesterday that little truck felt...
44 and raining. Most unpleasant. I’ll still take it over a May snowstorm though o_O Ash in the Lopi.
He didn’t even cut them. Whoever was clearing land and advertised for free wood on FB Marketplace cut them to length. I swear they’re all within a...
Spoke too soon. Black cherry makes it a species quartet. Wayyyy overloaded. :whistle: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Another nice trio. Didn’t even have to cut either :thumbs: A coworker answered a Craigslist ad and scrounged 3 loads already. Hickory, red oak and...
Thanks. The million dollar question though is are you coming to the GTG next month? ;)