Nature in action...cool stuff. At least you or Ms. Carol weren't on the menu.
I scored one last year and gave it to my friend to use. I noticed it was a bit ripped when I looked at the stack it was covering. Don't know of...
Hit the score late this afternoon. All the trunk wood was gone.:hair: I told them I was coming back this week. WTH! What do I have to...
Being a trades person I was admiring it too. I used to fix slate roofs years back. Trade all in itself.
X2
Decent tree for a yard one. Not a lot of knots. Do you get a lot of hickory? Sell a lot of smoker wood?
Pin oak and elm.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Common to see smaller cherry "skeletons" here where the sap wood has long weathered off.
Stacked the rest of the splits. Enough to finish off a mixed half cord stack.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Stacked all the elm splits today. Not quite a quarter cord. It's a half cord rack. Interesting aroma emulating for the woodyard today with my...
Nice looking load of wood. Nice looking location too.:thumbs: I like the stack under the stairs. Don't recall ever seeing one like that on here.
I recall when I first joined FHC with all the talk of BL and someone had mentioned the bark smell and maggots. I checked some out at a potential...
You guys aren't begging me now, are you! :whistle:
:dex: Oh yeah! :coldfire: Time for :saw: :tree: :axe: :stacker: Hope to see lots of threads from you. I forget what town you're in? Find...
See posts #11, 12 & 13 above. Funny how you had mentioned about my meeting a lot of FHC members in that recent thread. Scarps is one I haven't....
Nice load! Nice truck too! :thumbs: Love me a wood hauling Ford. :dex:
A year ago at that katsura score I had there was this cherry, but core was rotten and forked into a twin a few feet up. Biggest i've seen but...
Gonna have a hard time fitting those in the pellet stove! ;) Well unless you buck and split them really small! :D
This competition may require my getting a full time job with an arborist until years end! :whistle:
Some type of hornet IMO. Yellow jackets are mostly in the ground IME and are the same size. The hidden nests like that will usually have...