Welcome to the family, davidlandon! You're off to quite the start, talk about diving straight in! That's basically how I did it, got really...
If we come out to your place this spring, Sav, I'll probably set this tipi up!
I'm going to invest in a liner....once I recover from the cost of the tipi wrap....lol
This must have been the system that gave us the wind on Friday night at scout camp. We spent the night in our tipi outside. The wind was HOWLING...
If it ain't gonna be snow (which, believe me, it ain't been much snow for us all winter), I'd just as soon it warm up and become spring. I'm...
Thanks, Woodsmoke! It was a great time. We would've stayed last night as well, but my son had a bad cold and felt lousy all day so we packed up...
I've only ever burned a small amount of mulberry, so I can't say anything in regards to ash.....but I can say it smells wonderful burning and...
you ought to see how bad katalpa is.......the ash alone will make you hate using it.
Could be an ornamental cherry of some kind.....my first thought was black birch but if it doesn't smell like wintergreen we could probably rule...
I havent been on here much lately, I apologize......I've been busy as a bee the past month or so.......part of that being the conception of an...
Knock it off blacksmith.
I generally accumulate wood all fall and winter from the trees we take down, usually only saving the premium stuff (oak, hickory, locust, beech,...
+1.....even letting it sit in a ziploc bag in the fridge for a week allows that delicious smokiness to penitrate the cheese.....makes it more gooder!!
It's been a pathetic winter here in central PA. Soaking wet, muddy, depressing, and gloomy almost 5 days out of a week, every week anymore.........
Keep them in your house for a while, every other day reach down in the box and turn them over .......they dry out OK that way.